Saturday, August 11, 2012

A Modern Fairytale


Evening walks along this wooded bridge toward my favorite library always make me think of enchanted forests and sword fights.  I wouldn't even be surprised if I heard someone yelling "As you wish!" (if you have no idea what I'm referencing, I suggest you drop everything and watch this film). I definitely felt whimsically inclined when I put together my look.  My hair was inspired by Princess Buttercup herself, but the goal for my outfit was comfort.  The Princess Bride might have been lovely traipsing through the forest in her billowy red dress, but there are days when I long for the simplicity of skinny jeans.

Tanks, jeans, and ballet flats are my staple basics, lately.  They're a blank canvas full of possibilities.  I normally wear this shrug with a dress, but today I decided to toss it on over my plain black tank.  Like fairytale magic, I was instantly transformed.  The sheer sleeves have just the right amount of billow to infuse elegance into modern life.  And what's not to love about the sewn beaded details and silky bow closure?

A perfect outfit for an enchanting summer evening.

Shrug: Vintage
Tank: American Apparel
Jeans: 7 For All Mankind
Shoes: Jessica Simpson






2 comments:

  1. Hi Annie! Thank you for the super sweet and thoughtful comment you left on my blog earlier. I'm touched by your words about the blogging community being a forum for all of us to collectively relish in the positive and beautiful elements of life. I'm also happy to see that you have started a blog. I think your voice will be a great addition to the community, and I can't wait to read more of your posts :-)

    xx Camille @ the wild fleur

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Camille!

      Thanks for visiting and for your encouragement! I truly meant everything I said and I love having the opportunity to join in with the community I've followed for so long. I adore your blog and applaud you for finding so much joy in life to inspire and to share with your readers. Keep it up!

      -Annie <3

      Delete