Monday, September 10, 2012

French New Wave

I adore channeling the piled high hair and 60's cat eye makeup of French New Wave star, Anna Karina, along with the playfulness of modern French actress, Audrey Tautou.  Friday evening brought gorgeous weather to my corner of the world, so I couldn't wait to play in the park and pretend to traipse through a Godard film or Amelie.  There's something effortlessly carefree and chic about certain French film screen icons.  These women don't seem to be weighed down with glossed perfection--they're too busy embracing their best assets and having fun! I completely agree with the post about American versus French style on the HIP Paris blog here.  There's more to life than perfect curls and matching accessories!

Top: Anthropologie.  Jeans: Madewell.








Do you have favorite screen icons you love to channel?  Tell me your inspirations!

For more Adventures in Wonderland, follow me on Twitter and Pinterest!

6 comments:

  1. your hair looks so flawless. you are just too cute, girl!
    and a 60's cat eye. you can't go wrong!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great in green! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There really is something about Audrey Tatou or Amèlie in this outfit. Loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUPER cute! I love your look and blog :) Personally I am totally in love with the styles from 20's-40's... but it can be a challenge to find updated pieces inspired from that era! Nice work pulling a cute outfit together :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love those eras, also! And I agree. I bought an authentic 1920's cloche hat for a Great Gatsby party, though, and I'm definitely planning to incorporate it into a modern outfit this fall.

      Delete